WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER
Fermented foods are a delicious and rich source of nourishment. Many of our favorite everyday foods like beer, wine, cheese, bread, and yogurt, or beloved family traditions like sauerkraut, corned beef, and kimchi, are the result of fermentation. Besides adding complexity and flavor to many foods, fermentation is also proven to add amazing health benefits--from promoting healthy digestion to allowing our body to fully absorb the necessary nutrients in our food.
However, many beginners are skittish about starting the process of fermentation for the first time. With straightforward guides, delicious recipes, and step-by-step instructions, Fermentation for Beginners
takes the stress out of at-home fermentation. Whether you are trying fermentation to improve your health, or just want to explore this time-tested culinary skill, Fermentation for Beginners
will be your guide to the art of fermentation and the science of probiotic foods. Fermentation for Beginners
will show you how and why to ferment your own foods, with:
- 60 delicious fermentation recipes, from pickles to yogurt to sourdough bread to wine
- 13 key ingredients for fermentation
- 9 top health reasons to eat probiotic foods
- Step-by-step instructions for safe and effective fermentation
- Overview of the science behind fermentation
- Tips on starting your home fermentation laboratory
With the right combination of microbes and a little skill, Fermentation for Beginners
will give you all the tools you need to start fermenting your own foods right away.